To ensure the quality and timeliness of our publications, Performance Media requires camera-ready materials. This means that art and copy are ready to be placed directly into a layout via digital files with no alterations necessary, and that they are ready for production. All materials must be submitted for MAC on disk with native files, fonts and links. Email pdfs will only be accepted after discussion with Production Director. Call Lauren Kurtz at 847-770-4635. If you will be uploading via FTP, you must also send an email to email@example.com to inform us that you have uploaded a file. In this email, please attach a low-res copy of the ad.
MEDIA & FILE FORMATS
Preferred Media Format: CD or DVD formatted for MAC Along with CD please provide an Acceptable Proof, Disk Content Map, and the information at the right of this form.
Preferred File Format: Native Application Files (MAC ONLY) Adobe CS3 (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) or Quark Express 7.0 or lower with all fonts and linked files included. All images provided for ads should be final, color corrected, hi-resolution (300dpi) CMYK files. Hi-res images should not be scaled more than 115% to maintain image quality.
Alternate File Formats Accepted: PDF-X 1/a Pdf documents must be x1a compliant with embedded fonts and CMYK colors. PDF files must contain only 4-color process images (CMYK).
PC users must provide HI-RES PDF-X 1/a or a Press Quality PDF. Performance Media can not be responsible for PDF files prepared incorrectly.
PROOFS MUST BE PROVIDED
Black & White Ads: Laser Prints
Color Ads: Press Proofs (such as Kodak Approval, Fujilith, Iris, Rainbow etc.) are required for color guidance on press.
• Bleed ads must have 1/8″ bleed added on all 4 sides beyond the trim size of the ad.
• All live matter should be 1/4″ from the trim size on all four sides. Performance Media can not be responsible for any information or live matter placed outside the safety that is trimmed or cut off.
• Supplied color guidance must meet all SWOP specifications with 5%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 95%, and 100% CMYK control patches.
• Proofs must be provided at 100% size with cropmarks
• Color laser proofs are NOT acceptable for color guidance on press.
Additional Production Charges for the Advertiser may result if the below guidelines are not followed.
• Do NOT send JPEG or GIF files. Do NOT send files in RGB. All spot colors should be converted to CMYK.
• All ads created in any unacceptable format will not be accepted and will need to be resubmitted or recreated.
• All ads submitted should be suitable to print as is. Performance Media is not responsible for any errors in content.
• If files are prepared improperly and mechanical requirements are not met, and a SWOP proof is not provided, Performance Media will not guarantee the reproduction of the ad. This includes all emailed materials.